The Medical Oncology team from the Kinghorn Cancer Centre provides inpatient and outpatient medical oncology services for patients of St Vincent’s Clinic.
The Medical Oncologists work in close collaboration with surgical and radiation oncologists. The department also works with palliative care, genetics, theranostics and haematology.
The department has a large clinical trials unit and a dedicated team of oncologists and research staff with specialised expertise in treating patients on early phase clinical trials with novel targeted and immunotherapy agents. Recognised by the NSWCancer Institute for the Best Cancer Clinical Trials unit in 2018-19, the coordinated “precision medicine” approach of the multi-disciplinary team aims to consistently achieve the best outcomes for patients.
Patients who are being investigated for, or who have been diagnosed with cancer are provided with holistic management of their disease. All treatment options are considered within the context of patient comorbidities and wishes, and clearly defined treatment aims.
Excellence in communication with patients, their families, their General Practitioner and other health professionals is provided. Where appropriate, patients are discussed at Multidisciplinary Clinics to ensure access to best practice, including the possibility
of being included in clinical trials. Cancer patients are seen in a timely manner, and will always be
accommodated in a short timeframe, according to their needs. The privacy and efficiency of the practice at St Vincent’s Clinic allow optimal management of patients with this confronting diagnosis.
Urgent appointments are made at referring doctors’ request.
The Kinghorn Cancer Centre team comprises of:
- Dr Meg Barnet - Expertise in Gastrointestinal (Upper, Lower) and Lung Cancer
- Dr Julia Chen – Expertise in Breast Cancer
- A/Prof Venessa Chin – Expertise in Lung and Head & Neck Cancers
- Dr Rasha Cosman – Head of Clinical Trials, Expertise in Phase 1 clinical trials, Skin Cancers (Melanoma, Basal and Squamous) and Ocular Cancers
- Dr Megan Crumbaker – Expertise in Genito-urinary Oncology
- Dr Rachel Dear – Expertise in Breast Cancer
- Prof Anthony Joshua – Head of Department, Expertise in Genito-urinary (Prostate, Bladder, Kidney, Adrenal), Skin Cancers (Melanoma, Basal and Squamous) and Ocular Cancers
- Dr Michael Krasovitsky – Expertise in geriatric oncology, supportive care, and breast, lung, liver and thyroid cancers
- Prof Elgene Lim – Head of Research, Expertise in Breast Cancer
- Dr Jia (Jenny) Liu – Expertise in Phase 1 clinical trials, Head & Neck and Skin Cancers
- A/Prof Hao-Wen Sim – Expertise in Neuro-Oncology, Upper Gastrointestinal Oncology and Biostatistics
- Dr Subotheni Thavaneswaran – Expertise in Gastrointestinal (Lower) and Neuro-Oncology
- Dr Andrew Yam – Expertise in Genito-urinary Oncology
All referrals telephone 9355 5655 and facsimile 9355 5602
Email referrals to firstname.lastname@example.org